This has been a really great week for trucking news! And there were a lot of positive and uplifting stories. Isn’t that a nice change of pace? Here are a few that really caught my eye.
- Salena Lettera did a great piece on Pilot Flying J’s “Best Shower on the Interstate” contest. What you need to know – Take a shower, rate your experience, win free coffee for a YEAR.
- We know a lot of you are really into trucking music. So make your voice heard in this Overdrive poll – What are the top ten trucking songs of all time?
- The next time you hear someone complain about truckers, point them in the direction of this story, about Miss Alabama USA, whose life was saved by a truck driver. If he hadn’t been out “hogging the road” and “getting in the way,” this girl would not be alive!
- In case you missed it, here’s our post on Japanese Dekotora trucks, in all of their crazy chrome-and-lights glory!
- Lastly, here’s one about health. Truck drivers have a lot of the same health concerns as folks working a 9-to-5. One in particular – SMOKING!