Last week was unbelievably hectic for us. We’re generally shorthanded as it is, and having Betty and Dennis leave us for the Truck Show in Louisville made it worse! But, they sent back plenty of dispatches, so we weren’t completely left out of the fun.
- UPS will spend almost $7 billion to acquire European rival TNT Express. This deal will largely go unnoticed by customers in the US, but that’s got to be big news overseas!
- Here’s your laugh for the day – 10 Signs You’ve Been a Dispatcher for Too Long
- The Truckload Carriers Association (TCA) named Mike Mozley a Highway Angel this week, for his decision to help a fellow motorist. Congrats, Mike!
- Cummins announced their new lineup of engines right before the MATS show, and they claim the new models will deliver a 2% increase in fuel economy. Think you’ll be giving one a try?
- Speaking of fuel economy, Kenworth says their T680 model will have a 5% increase!